We provide training from basic to advanced level in 31 trades, divided into 4 sectors:
- Construction trades and Interior fittings: Bricklayer, Bench joiner, Carpenter, Roofer, Cabinetmaker, Landscape Gardener, Floor Specialist, Painter, Plasterer, Plumber, Metalworker, Tiler, Stonemason
- Baking trades: Baker, Pork butcher, Cheese maker, Pastry Chef, Vine Worker
- Metal and industrial trades: Panel Beater, Sheet Metalworker, Electrician, Founder, Mechanic, Toolmaker
- Leather and upholstery: Cobbler – Bootmaker Pedorthist, Leatherworker, Upholsterer decorator or seat, Saddle Maker
- Rural trades: Farrier, Cooper
We offer young people the opportunity to find fulfilment in and through a trade thanks to a unique training model based on a “journeyman” model. Our training leads young people from company to company, city to city, region to region, country to country, for 4 to 6-year period, called the “Tour de France”.
Apprentices training with us in France benefit from a short 3-week work placement abroad as part of their initial training. Trainees perfecting their trade on the “Tour de France” spend a year working abroad, to develop their knowledge and understanding of other cultures, languages and work environments. Trainees also have the opportunity to participate in our specialized trade-specific international training courses.
Les Compagnons du Devoir have made their way across the centuries by adapting to the development of trades and changes in society. In order to offer advanced training and to keep up with the challenges of tomorrow, they transmit the knowledge acquired from their seniors by adapting and enriching it through their prospective works, with a consistent, thoughtful approach and a mind-set resolutely focused on the future.
In their desire to transmit their knowledge and be innovative, Les Compagnons du Devoir have founded several institutes and centres, to be ready to tackle the challenges of tomorrow:
- The Institute of Transmission: to work on the methods of transmission of knowledge. Collaborations, research, developments and training are the main lines of work of the Institute of Transmission, which intervenes with the Association’s Apprentice teachers.
- The multi-competence clusters: to help improve the training in innovative themes related to different trades
- The Centre of Excellence of Soft Materials (PEMS): a research and training centre dedicated to the know-how of leather and upholstery materials.
- The Centre of Innovation in Wood products: gathers together the trades of carpenter, bench joiner and cabinetmaker.
Its purpose is to assist companies in using innovative solutions for their products, services, processes and organisation, in order to improve productivity, competitiveness and awareness.
- The Centre of Energy and Environment: prepares companies for economic and technological changes caused by the energy and environmental transition through the use of innovative pedagogy and ultra-modern equipment. It is at the service of professionals and young people in training.
- The Trade Institutes: are centres of expertise, validated by qualified Compagnons recognized within their trade. The objective of these centres is to ensure the relevance of the training offered by the Association
As a vocational training organisation, Les Compagnons du Devoir has extensive experience in the overall organisation of mobility projects abroad and has obtained the Erasmus Accreditation in February 2021.
Moreover we also have a long experience of working at an international level, through numerous European partnerships and projects with national and European funding.
|Type of organisation:||VET provider|
|Education level:||ISCED 3: Upper secondary education|
ISCED 4: Post-secondary non-tertiary education
ISCED 5: Short-cycle tertiary education
|Sector of expertise:||Accommodation and food service activities|
|Current level of involvement in Vocational Excellence:||The association is a well-established key player in developing good practice in all aspects of vocational training in France and beyond.|
Is this your PPC and would you like to add or change information? Click here to request a link to edit this profile. The link will be sent the original e-mail address associated with this profile. If that needs to be changed, please contact us as email@example.com.
|Center of Vocational Excellence|