• ICI has been taking part in a VET protocol initiated by Ministry of Education and manages 40 VET schools via forming a school-industry collaboration mechanism with leading industry firms. • ICI’s VET protocol enables direct access to 40 VET schools, 33.000 students, 2.700 VET teachers and 220 school administrators in Istanbul.
|Type of organisation:||Chamber|
|Education level:||ISCED 3: Upper secondary education|
|Sector of expertise:||Manufacturing|
Professional, scientific and technical activities
|Current level of involvement in Vocational Excellence:||ICI envisages establishment of sustainable and efficient coordination between VET education institutions and industry. |
In the forthcoming period ICI is planning to design a large-scale project to support VET in Istanbul via establishment of a Center of VET Excellence that will work through a public-private partnership.
Istanbul Chamber of Industry (ICI), as the largest industrial chamber in Turkey with its member base of more than 20.000 firms has a strong focus on improvement of vocational education and training (VET) for delivery of skills matching needs of the industry.
ICI has been taking part in a VET protocol initiated by Ministry of Education and manages 40 VET schools via forming a school-industry collaboration mechanism with leading industry firms.
ICI’s VET protocol enables direct access to 40 VET schools, 33.000 students, 2.700 VET teachers and 220 school administrators in Istanbul.
Field of Studies of ICI’s VET schools:
• Electric-Electronic Technologies
• Information technologies
• Industrial Automation Technologies
• Machine Technologies
• Motor Vehicle Technologies
• Metal Technology
• Renewable Energy Technologies
• Construction Technology
• Aircraft Maintenance
• Food Technologies
• Chemical Technology
• Ship Building
• Furniture and Interior Design
• Plastic Technology
• Ceramic and Glass Technologies
• Installation Technology and Air Conditioning
• Printing Technologies
• Textile Production Technology-Fashion Design
• Fashion Design Technologies
• Design Technology
• Textile Technology
• Footwear Technologies
• Craft Technologies
ICI’s main objective is also to support this ongoing mechanism with projects aligned with VET agenda. Please see list of projects that are in implementation phase and other pending projects that are being reviewed below:
• Istanbul Chamber of Industry (ICI) is awarded Erasmus accreditation in the field of Vocational Education and Training (VET) to implement high quality mobility activities targeting VET learners and educators. Erasmus accreditation will stay valid for the duration of the Programme (2021-2027) and will allow simplified access to Key Action 1 funding opportunities each year for mobility of teachers, students VET (Vocational Upper Secondary -High school level) from Turkey as well as mobility of VET experts from the EU.
• ICI is implementing Erasmus+ ECVET Skills Platform Project and VOC Test Center Project in Metal Sector funded under EU IPA-II programme.
• ICI has a pending EU IPA-II pending project application: The Future of Work in Manufacturing Industry: Closing the skills and gender gap (ManuFoW) (EuropeAid/167773/ID/ACT/TR) with EURECAT (Technology Center of Catalunya).
Please see more information on Istanbul Chamber of Industry from:
Is this your PPC and would you like to add or change information? Click here to request a link to edit this profile. The link will be sent the original e-mail address associated with this profile. If that needs to be changed, please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Center of Vocational Excellence|