Pilot PoVE Water aims to:
• Ensure that VET is at the forefront of research and technological developments in the water sector;
• Ensure that current and future water sector professionals have the work attitude, knowledge and competences that the rapid changing EU water industry demands;
• Identify the existing and emerging labour market needs and enhance the responsiveness of initial and continuing VET systems to these needs;
• Promote synergies, cooperation and cross-fertilisation.
Main outputs of the project will be:
• Vocational Excellence Scanning tools to identify the existing systems of Vocational Excellence of the participating organisations and prepare the knowledge sharing process;
• 5 Centres of Vocational Excellence Water, acting up as regional ‘Skills ecosystems’;
• Platform of Vocational Excellence Water, bringing an EU dimension to Vocational Excellence in the water sector;
• An Upscaling strategy, for the PoVE Water to grow and create a critical mass and sustainable ground for further development. Pilot PoVE Water structure
The Pilot PoVE project intends to excel in vocational education in Water sector developing regional/national CoVE Water and unite these centres under the umbrella of the PoVE Water. The infrastructure that will be put in place and the sustainable strategic cooperation’s that will be the main output of this project, will constitute a solid basis for the development of joint curriculum. Pilot project PoVE Water is a European project in the renewed Erasmus program that aims to strengthen the skills of VET professionals in the water sector. In addition to the skills that are important now, the project focuses on the emerging skills that will become increasingly important in the future. The main outputs being the results of the implementation work packages lead directly to the achievement of Pilot PoVE Water objectives, horizontal results such a management, evaluation and dissemination results in a more indirect way as they support the cooperation between partners, the development and quality of results and ensure impact.
If you would like to know more, please download the factsheet.
|Type of organisation:||Tertiary education|
|Education level:||ISCED 3: Upper secondary education|
ISCED 4: Post-secondary non-tertiary education
ISCED 5: Short-cycle tertiary education
ISCED 6: Bachelor's or equivalent level
ISCED 7: Master's or equivalent level
|Sector of expertise:||Education|
Electricity, gas and water supply
|Current level of involvement in Vocational Excellence:||The Center of Vocational Excellence Water Latvia is part of the Platform of Vocational Excellence Water www.povewater.eu|
|Daugavpils Construction Technical School||Estonian Waterworks Association|
|Journal of Water Security||Järvamaa Kutsehariduskeskus|
|Latvian Association of Water Supply and Sewerage Companies||Latvian Council of Science|
|Mechanics and Technology College of Olaine (OMTK)||Ministry of Education and Science|
|Priekulu tehnikums||Riga Technical University|
Is this your PPC and would you like to add or change information? Click here to request a link to edit this profile. The link will be sent the original e-mail address associated with this profile. If that needs to be changed, please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Center of Vocational Excellence|