The YMCA has always strived for major social changes, addressing the problems facing people all over the world. Issues such as racism, discrimination, peace, young people at risk and unemployment are dealt with creatively and directly in response to growing modernization, consumerism and fragmentation. Among the interventions of great importance, the YMCA also boasts its own development cooperation activity towards the neediest countries through education and assistance projects usually carried out together with other national and international movements.
YMCA runs a combination of meetings/workshops for the secondary schools in Sicily as part of our educational program for the young generations on specific yet extremely important topics in our geographical context (which are though reliable to many others realities) that are inspired by our more advanced training courses and postgraduate courses for the public administrators, professionals, collaborators, entrepreneurs.
The main topics are:
(1) Awareness and prevention of confiscated assets from organized criminality (Mafia, Camorra, ‘Ndrangheta, etc.) to equip future leaders with an adequate experience to ensure that seized and confiscated assets can become a concrete resource for the territory and a model of efficiency for the country.
(2) Awareness and sustainable organization of resources and the fight against illegal fishing + innovation and system governance of the coastal territory.
(3) The issue of "unauthorized use in the agri-food supply chain", building a reasoning that traces everything that is abusively exercised in the aforementioned supply chain
(4) Digital Scientific Journalism
(5) Training Program in Cybersecurity (in agreement with IDC Herzliya - ICT International Institute for Counter-Terrorism, Israel)
(6) Cyberpsychology and the psychological pitfalls of the misuse/overuse of the Internet
YMCA mission is:
- To develop the creative potential of the youth
- To support training initiatives in various fields
- Encouragement impulses to self-actualization of a free individual
- To tackle issues such as racism, discrimination and youth
- To use creativity as a response to consumerism and the fragmentation of the
- To develop respect for public, liberal and democratic values
- To develop the international youth cooperation, to cooperate with foreign youth, higher education and VET organizations
|Type of collaboration||Potential partner|
|Type of organisation:||Other|
|Education level:||ISCED 4: Post-secondary non-tertiary education|
ISCED 6: Bachelor's or equivalent level
ISCED 7: Master's or equivalent level
|Sector of expertise:||Education|
Professional, scientific and technical activities
Public administration and defense
|Current level of involvement in Vocational Excellence:||We have no previous experience in VE, yet we crave to start as partner and cooperate with full commitment.|
Is this your PPC and would you like to add or change information? Click here to request a link to edit this profile. The link will be sent the original e-mail address associated with this profile. If that needs to be changed, please contact us as email@example.com.
|Center of Vocational Excellence|